As the home opener approached, I debated on whether or not we should attempt going- you just never know what you're going to get with a two year old. As we were getting dressed for our day, I thought of the reasons why this was a bad idea: 98 degree heat, 100,000 people, predicted rain, no toys or books, a kiddo who likes to run. The deciding factor was knowing we could leave anytime if this went bad!
So, we venterued to tailgait with our family and friends. (Check out these pictures from last year's tailgate- last year, I brought a baby, this year, I have a big girl!) Due to the heat, we didn't visit very long.
As always, Anna loved hanging out with her Bill.
Poor SueSue, got really hot at tailgate. However, Anna's always glad to see her!
Before the pre-game show was even completed, the lightening started and the rains came. The stadium was cleared. Kickoff was delayed for an hour and a half. Thank you to Bud for our inside seats!!
Eventually, the skies cleared and it was a really nice night....made even better by our big win.
We had a FANTASTIC day! Anna was great all afternoon and evening. She played and, with the exception of it being a little loud for her liking, enjoyed everything about football! She smiled and laughed and charmed everyone she met.....and as always looked super cute doing it!
So here's to a great football season.....we may get to see more football than I had anticipated! Go Vols!!








No comments:
Post a Comment