Well, it has been a long time since I updated most folks about the status of my adoption from Ethiopia. Instead of emails... this will be my new forum to keep you informed- so much more fun, don't you think? I hope you will check back often.
I submitted all my paperwork to my agency and was officially added to the waiting list on January 26, 2009. I don't know if I will get a boy or a girl. Currently, the wait is 12-18 months. The families who got referrals this week have been waiting about 14 months. That's the crazy thing about international adoption, you just don't know how fast (or slow) things will go. So, for now, I wait- sometimes patiently, sometimes not so patiently- but I wait.
This weekend, families from East Tennessee who have/are/are considering adoption from ET are having a picnic. I love these get togethers as they always seem to re-focus my attention on the most improtant thing...the sweet children! Mabye this weekend I will figure out how to post pictures and you can see what I'm talking about.
A great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to a very special lady- my Emmie....I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Hi Julie~
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the blog! It looks great! So glad that we can follow your journey this way! Although I still look forward to weekly updates at church! :)