How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!
1 John 3:1

A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:5-6




Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Time Goes by.....and other random thoughts

We had a great time Saturday at the Picnic for Ethiopia families. How sweet to see little ones grow who have been home for a while, bigger ones home for only a few weeks and pictures of kiddos waiting to come home. It's so nice to be around other folks who know what the waiting is like. Everyone gets how tough it is. They are all such great folks.....Thanks ya'll, for a great afternoon.

It's been 9 months, to the day, since I filled out my first piece of paperwork- the initial application for Children's Home Society and Family Services, my adoption agency. It feel like I've been doing this adoption thing for so much longer. In fact, I hardly remember not having adoption and my children on my mind....and I love it!!

As for other random thoughts:
WELCOME HOME !
My co-worker, Katie, is returning home tonight with her new daughter, ML, from China. They have been in China for 18 days, completing the final stage of an adoption they have anticipated for a long long time. I have loved following your journey and can't wait to meet your beautiful girl.
SAFE TRAVEL!
Best wishes for a safe trip and an amazing 'gotcha moment' for Sean and Andi. They are travelling to ET to pick up their son, WT. He is so adorable and I can't wait to meet him. I will eagerly anticipate hearing all about your trip. Your adoption adventure has been an amazing testimony of God's work. Thanks for sharing it!
BEST WISHES!
OK, I realize this is really random, but best wishes for a quick recovery to Susan Boyle- you know, the amazing lady from Britain's Got Talent. Can't imagine the stress she must have been under. Hope she's back on her feet soon. I may buy her CD just to support her!
BACK ON THE WAGON!
After 5 weeks off since my last 1/2 marathon, it felt GREAT to work out again tonight. And as a special bonus, I got to hang out with my friend. Thanks, Julie!
I tried really hard to download some pictures, but no luck...I'll keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment