Dad's most recent job at UT was that of event manager for football, basketball, and baseball. He had to be at all home games for each sport- there to unlock the gaits and turn off the lights. Because of his role, I have spent most of my life around some wise football minds and during college, spent a lot of time at the baseball stadium. As a result, I've learned a ton and can often hold my own in conversation about football and baseball, especially with regard to UT. I love a 6-4-2 double play. I love when the quarterback completes a pass over the middle to the tight end. What else have I learned: Can the Corn, Bow your neck, Oskie. I love that I've been a Rail bird. If you've never been to a regional tournament at Lindsey Nelson Stadium, you've missed a lot of fun. I've drawn tracing around my feet during a rally to be sure I stood in the same spot for each pitch. Dad once wore the same pink shirt to every regional and then College World Series game, because well, you do your part to help get the win. Take one for the team! I loved your commentary on the radio call in show on the way home from a football game. I'm pretty sure I went to school on Monday and repeated everything you said! I learned that just because it's in the news, doesn't mean that it right!
Dad, I loved hanging out with you at the baseball stadium. I loved watching college football with you and hearing your post game comments each fall Saturday (and still do!). Thanks for teaching me! Thanks for the moments I got to (and get to) step into your world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment