How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!
1 John 3:1

A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:5-6




Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Helping hand for AHOPE

While I'm waiting for my sweet little one to come home, I am loving finding ways to support the children in Ethiopia currently waiting for a forever family. AHOPE is an awsome organization that cares for HIV+ kids; one of the few orphanges that will take children with this deadly virus. Did you know that untreated, 50% of infants in Africa infected with HIV will die before the age of 2?! This is unacceptable in the 21st century!

I would love for us to do our part to help one child! AHOPE offers child sponsorship for $35 per month or $420 per year. What if 10 of us join together to sponsor 1 child? For a one time donation of $42, we can save one child!! That's one less that will become a statistic and one more that will know that people care about him or her! You will receive a copy of any letters received from our child or communication I receive from AHOPE.

So, are you in? Leave me a note in the comments section or send me an email. Folks like us, working together, can change the world for a child!




1 comment:

  1. I'm in. I'm broke, but I'm in. We can't ignore their cries for help. Bless you,

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete