How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!
1 John 3:1

A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:5-6




Sunday, June 28, 2009

Back to Baby Business....clear as mud

No big changes on the baby front.....still waiting. I have completed the necessary paperwork to be able to bring home siblings, ages birth to 6, if that where God leads. Most families enter adoption with a clear picture of what age and gender child they would like to join them. I have not had such clarity. Many days, I think a baby would be such fun; how great to get to raise a child from the earliest possible age, to be able to bond early in their life. Other days, I would love to bring home a 4 year old. An older child would have some memories of their life in Ethiopia. They could communicate their needs. And it would be such fun to watch him or her play with their cousin. An older child would have a personality. I flip flop the same way about siblings and medical status. Bottom line, I don't have the clear picture of what this adoption will look like for me. My first priority, however, is to be obedient to what ever God calls me to.....I just wish He would give me a little clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment