How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!
1 John 3:1

A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:5-6




Monday, June 8, 2009

Counting Up?!


In adoption world, once your dossier (paper work) is received you are placed on the waiting list for a referral, or match with a child. Most agencies will put you on the list and let you know what number you are on that list. Over time, you watch that number get smaller until you are at the top of your list, numero uno, the big cheese, king of the mountain, number 1.... your referral is next! Because of the number of people waiting with my agency, CHSFS, does not keep such a list; all I know is that I started at about 200 and something. So, for the fun of keeping track, I'm going to count up! Each week, my agency will let us know how many referrals went out, so, we'll keep adding until my turn comes.......sound like fun?......remind me of that in a few months :)

So, for our first number, 23 referrals went out in May and 10 went out the first week of June......
**Special thanks to Theresa for teaching me some excellent blog tricks! I appreciate your encouragment!

No comments:

Post a Comment