How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!
1 John 3:1

A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:5-6




Sunday, June 21, 2009

After 34 years....

How appropriate that on this Father's day, I start a week long tribute to my Dad, Bill?! As of July 1, 2009, my dad will officially be retired; that makes this week, his last full week of work. He has spent the last 34 years working in the athletic department at the University of Tennessee....that's a long time to be in one place, especially for college athletics. His job has changed a LOT over the years; he as worked with a LOT of different folks; he has seen a LOT of stuff. For the next week, I want to share some of my favorite memories of the past 34 years (I'm kind of telling my age, aren't I?)

Thanks, Dad, for a childhood I will never forget and no kid will ever be able to beat! You're the BEST.....Enjoy retirement!! Anyone need a yard man?

2 comments:

  1. What a special tribute for you to do - as no one else can. I can't wait to read each day.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete