Good morning Birthday girl!
Birthday Muffins
Anna's not so sure about all these people at her house....chillin with a cracker is just fine!
Lots of water fun going on.....where's Anna? Not in the water.
Mmmmm, yogurt. Better than icing!
Hey mom, it's my friend, Naomi!
All our party pals.I am so thankful to have my little girl home for her first birthday. She has changed so much since she came home 4 months ago....and she has changed me just as much. What did I do without my little Anna?
I've thought a lot about Anna's Enat. In Ethiopia, they don't keep track of birthday. So when a child comes into care, they estimate the birthday based on the nearness to holidays, the phase of the moon, etc. , so she may not be marking Anna's birth to the day. But I wonder if she doesn't think more about her daughter during this time of the year; if she doesn't miss her just a little more? I know a little about the day Anna was born, but there are still things I'd love to know: who tied her belly button (they did a great job!)? how long did her mom labor? what was the reaction of her family? what were those first hours like for them? I hope we get to find out the answer to these questions one day. I'm eager to send Anna's Enat pictures of our daughter- maybe it will ease her worry and grief just a little. Maybe she'll find a little joy. I am thankful everyday for the incredible sacrifice she made; for the selfless gift she gave me.
So here's to my daughter's first year-it's been a long journey, little lady, but you are doing fantastic. You amaze me everyday and I love you very much!










Very sweet post. You have such a big heart, and that is wonderful! Anna looks DARLING... are you sure that's the same baby I met 4 months ago?!
ReplyDeleteLaney has that SAME swimsuit! It's been fun watching your journey...I think I started reading your blog back in the late summer...so it's so fun to see your daughter's story continue to unfold!! Such a blessing to watch!
ReplyDeleteSO sweet! She is just a gorgeous little girl! I can't wait to meet her one day! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteJulie,
ReplyDeleteHow unselfish of you and of her birth mom. You make the best mom w/all the love that you have in your heart. You are a terrific and amazing person.
Traci