Enat:
the word used for 'mother' in Amharic, one of the primary languages in Ethiopia
While I was in Ethiopia, I had the amazing privledge of meeting Anna's birth mom. She is an incredible young woman who very much loved her daughter. Since arriving home, a picture of Anna's 'Enat' has been sitting on her dresser. This week, I took that picture down from the dresser for Anna to look at and hold. I 'introduced' Anna to her Enat, 'who lives in Ethiopia and loves her very much'. Tonight, as we were getting ready for bed, Anna said, "Hi Ninak!" It took me just a second to realize what she was talking about.....the picture of her Enat that was nestled among her things. Oh, my sweet girl, you have left your mommy speechless!









Wow!!! Amazing little girl!
ReplyDeleteWow! What else can you say? I am still amazed at your sweet consideration of Anna's Enat. How she is thought of by you and how you are teaching Anna about her. One day Anna will realize how blessed she is to have 2 Moms who love her so deeply. Not all children have that. Darla
ReplyDeleteI hope and pray to be able to explain Khari's Enat to her one day! Wish we had a picture or even a chance to meet, but I know she loved her sooo!!! It is amazing how I carry her Enat with my heart everyday for the rest of my life! Anna is so very blessed!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad we're not the only ones calling our daughter's BM "Enat"...I think it's just the perfect fit. Her Ethiopian mother...so Enat it was!
ReplyDelete