How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!
1 John 3:1

A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:5-6




Sunday, July 12, 2009

Getting Through

The adoption wait gets very long and often discouraging. Thankfully, there are other families who travel and bring home their beautiful children. Watching their journeys, looking at their pictures, even hugging their new family member helps me to keep my eye on the ball. I am so thankful when others share parts of their journey and I look forward to the day when I will share mine. In the meantime, while I wait, videos like this one, remind me of why I filled out all the papers and why I continue to wait, however hard it may get. My friends, the Harpers, were on this same trip to pick up their son Will- it was a treat to see them in some of the pictures. Warning, have your tissues handy!

My friends, the Hamiltons, are in Ethiopia right now picking up their children. They will meet their children for the first time early Monday morning. Would you pray for them as they travel and for their new children as they begin a new journey.

1 comment:

  1. Good to find you and great to visit with you too. I look forward to following the journey. I see you made it to kisses from Katie (amazima). Amazing huh?

    ReplyDelete