How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!
1 John 3:1

A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:5-6




Thursday, September 24, 2009

1 Adoption....2 Huge days

In 2 days, I will have been waiting 8 months for a referral....It's been a long wait. But God is moving and things are starting to happen.

Thurday, October 1:I have applied to adopt a waiting child- a beautiful little girl. Next Thursday, there will be a meeting and it will be determined if I get to be her mommy. Three other families also would like to adopt this tiny angel, so the waiting child committee will decide which family will be best for her. The process is tough on a prospective parent but, wow!, how great for this little one. She has 4 families who what her to join them; 4 families that could be hers; 4 homes that want to be hers forever. I will absolutely be disappointed if I don't get to love her forever but trust that God will direct this committee to determine the very best for His child. Would you pray for them? This meeting begins at 1pm EST on Thurs. October 1. Additionally, would you pray for tiny angel's health. She needs to get to the states as fast as she can. I am so very thankful for those who walk with me on this adoption journey....you all are a blessing to me.

Friday, Noveber 6:Second thing.....FUN.GIRLS.NIGHT! I am hosting a 'crop till you drop'-start your Christmas crafts-bead-knit-stamp-wine and chocolate-whatever, craft night. For a small donation that will benefit international adoption, you can join us. So mark you calander on Friday, November 6, 7pm to midnight.....stay tuned, more info to come.

Have a super weekend.... I'm headed to settle in for the Grey's Anatomy season premier! Can't wait!!

3 comments:

  1. My comment didn't go through...bummer. Well, I basically said...


    YAY and YAY! Keep me posted on both!

    *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I feel like such a dinosaur. I forget about the "blog" and just depend on you to verbally fill me in on all your news. It just sounds different to read about everything - I suppose because I can re-read over & over until it really sinks in. Absolutely we will be praying that God's direction will be heard between now & Thursday as important life-long decisions are made....And for "Anna" that she continues to grow and develop into a healthy, happy little girl....And for you that you will be prepared and ready for the decisions that are made (I'm afraid that "protective mode" comes through again).
    I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited and will be praying all day tomorrow for the right answer. You will be in my every thought. If God believes this little one is meant for you she will come but remember there maybe another one out there that he wants you love and care for more. I must say like the above "protective mode." You are going to make a terrific mom!!! See you tomorrow afternoon.
    I love and pray for and w/ you. Traci

    ReplyDelete