How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!
1 John 3:1

A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:5-6




Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Take 5 shots and Call me in 3-5 days

Well, my assigned court appointment has come and gone! I made it until almost 1:00 this afternoon before emailing my agency to see if they had heard anything...knowing they likely hadn't. The girls at my agency are so patient with me :) She reminded me that they usually don't hear for 3-5 days, waiting to get the court report in writing before telling adoptive families. So, because of the New Year holiday, I don't really expect to hear anything before next week. The days leading up to court were easier than waiting to hear the results. I promise to post as soon as I hear back from them. Until then, I'll continue to wait and pray. (If you will, pray, too, that birth family gets home safely and that their grief becomes less, little by little- Thanks!)

More adoption fun.....To quote my friend Theresa, "I've been shot....5 times!" I made my way to the local health department today to get my travel vaccines: Diphtheria/Tetanus, Polio, Meningitis, Hepatitis A, and Yellow Fever. I also got a goodybag full of the oral Typhoid vaccine and a prescription for anti-malaria medication. And my silly mom thought all the vaccines at the health department were free- WRONG! BIG WRONG!! Thank you to sweet Pam at the Health Department who was so kind...even when I nearly passed out! Even as a seasoned health care worker, I still hate needles. So, I'm dosing the Tylenol and going to bed early. The girls at work said I can whine for 5 days since I got 5 shots...they may be sorry!!!

3 comments:

  1. Be ready. After a day and a half I was sick as a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!!! Waiting for the court news is the HARDEST time, imo. I will definitely be praying dear friend!!!!!!! Hugs! I hope you feel better after your rest.

    ReplyDelete