How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!
1 John 3:1

A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:5-6




Thursday, March 11, 2010

Now We're Cooking......well, kind of

Since the first week we got home, Anna has been working on baby food. She was not real fond of the jar stuff- squash, pears, apples, bananas, peas- just didn't care for it. We got more on her face and clothes than in her tummy! So I deciced it was time to try the real stuff. I'd been hoping to try to make some of her baby food but I didn't think it would be this soon. And, being kitchen challenged, I wasn't sure I could make it work.....But it's so easy!! I love being able to feed my little one healthy food that is more food than water. And, as a bonus, she seems to be eating a little better. Can't say I blame her- I've tried that jar stuff!

So here goes:
These...
become this.... (the orange ones are sweet potatoes). Just stick the trays in the freezer. After a couple of hours, they pop out like ice cubes. I've also done mango and blueberries. So super easy!
For lunch today, this...
became this
And look what I got...I think she might be a guacamole girl when she gets bigger! Such a happy girl I have.....not sure I could be more in love!
Tomorrow is her first picture session....cant wait to see all her cuteness in those pics! Happy Thursday!!
(I promise we don't live in the dark....I just have a really bad camera! New one is on the way- Yippee!)

ADDENDUM: Just so you know....Avacado makes for some nasty, slippery, up you back poop! All those healthy fats are good for her little brain but not quite as fantastic when 'eliminated'......don't say you weren't warned!!

5 comments:

  1. Cute! My kids loved apples and pears too! I would cook them in a little water and blend them up and freeze like you did! Makes it SO easy to pull out little cubes for the next meal! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big! I can't believe how much she changes with every photo you post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Why am I not surprised that this cloth diapering mama also makes her own baby food?! I've planned on doing this, too... but I definitely have not gotten there yet! Good for you, and GOOD FOR ANNA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness she is just beautiful! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a mom that didn't make her food. You put this in the freezer. Comes out in cubes and then what?? She eats cold,frozen blueberries???

    Traci

    ReplyDelete