How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!
1 John 3:1

A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:5-6




Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I knew I shouldn't have looked

I am totally bummed. Often times I think I have this waiting thing figured out....just put it in the back of my brain and go on with life as usual. Other times, I really want to be a mommy TODAY! Our agency doesn't keep an official "list" of those waiting for referrals (or match with their child). When you leave 350+ waiting and anxious mommies and daddies (well, mostly mommies!) they will go to all means for any shred of information on when their turn might come. So my forum friends have developed an unoffical list- it's voluntary and likely only about 25-30% of the families actually waiting are on it, but it's something to track. On this unofficial list, I'm 74. Not too bad. Managable. Reasonable.

Just to make things more fun, another forum mom- with a math brain much smarter than mine, has come up with an estimator of where you might actually be given a whole bunch of factors. I knew I should have never punched my numbers in. I know it's only an estimate. Want to guess.....280! Two hundred and eighty! Seriously! 2.8.0! So, I'm bummed.

OK, enough whinning....time to pull it together. Tell myself the truth: Yes, I will get my turn. Yes, it will be in God's perfect time. Yes, my child just isn't ready to come home yet. So, I need suggestions on how to spend what may be a longer than expected wait. Suggestions? Thoughts? Comments? .....and sorry for the self pity party.......

1 comment:

  1. I say get a sibling group! Would that increase your time at all? An older child with a much younger sibling? What are the waiting children like with CHSFS? If you stay on the single child list for a young child, then that is fantastic too! In the meantime, we will watch all of the Bachelor's and Bachelorette's together from now until then. We will meet at Panera. Football season is right around the corner (isnt' your family big into that?)...then Christmas activities...then you can read books all throughout the Winter months and we can even start a book club. You could make your child a quilt. Learn to cook Ethiopian foods like a master. Sponsor a child and write he/she letters. Take a Mission trip to Africa...even Ethiopia! I've got lots of ideas, but none of that matters, I know. The desire to be a mommy is strong. So, I offer you a *HUG*

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete