How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!
1 John 3:1

A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:5-6




Monday, October 5, 2009

Amazing Incredible...Referral MegaPost

What a crazy ride the last 4 days have been. I am so greatful for everyones excitement and congratulations on my referral. You all have made this part of the journey extra special! So here's a little more of the story......

THE CALL:I had spent Thurday working home health, travelling some of the very back roads of East Tennessee. I knew the waiting child committee was meeting at 1pm EST and was told they hoped to be done by 3pm. I was thankful to get to spend much of the morning in prayer while I was driving- praying for God's best for me and for this tiny angel- and had come to a restful place, knowing He was in control. The same God that rode with and comforted me, was in that meeting room in Oregon, and in Ethiopia with His little one- wow! Anyway, as I was driving back to the office from my last visit, the clock struck 3pm...would I be in an area with cell reception? Unfortunately, NO! I heard my voice mail beep. After quickly pulling to the side of the road and checking my message, I immediately called her back....she was gone to lunch! So, I took a deep breath and finished my travels. At 4:10, I was sitting in my boss's office, teaching her some stretches for her bad back and my cell phone rang. So, sitting on the curb, outside the home health office, I leared that I was going to be a mommie! Once I got off the phone, the celebrating began!!!

THE CLEBRATION:I am so thankful for my friends at work who hugged and celebrated and tolerated my hollering. After quickly finishing up my paperwork, I darted to my friend Lisa's; we had made plans to meet on October 1 about a month before (long before this little angel was even on the radar). More excitement and hugs, tears, and joy- I was thrilled to get to celebrate with her- Thanks, Lisa, for all of your support, encouragment, and prayers; I wouldn't have gotten this far without you. Amazing how God arranged all these things to fall on the same day. I also ran into my dear friend, Traci- again not my plan, but God's gift. TH, You are awesome and can absoultely come with me. So, another deep breath. Even as I rewrite the event so the day, my heartrate jumps up about 50 beats! Now, onto the next event. A group of mom's with kids from Ethiopia gets together every once in a while at Panera to talk about all things adoption and enjoy some delicious dessert. Several weeks ago, I had suggested a get together as I had really needed some cheering up, some connection....this adoption journey had gotten really hard. Someone had picked October 1- God again! As it would happend, everyone arrived one at a time, so I got to flash my pictures and annouce, "Look what I got...a little girl!" 5 times! We had a great visit- we all shared pictures of our little ones- 3 home, 3 waiting to come home. Thanks girls for an awesome night! After a quick trip to visit my parents, I came home to find pink balloons tied to the mailbox...my sweet mom's work. Thanks momma...little angel will love her SueSue!


THE PREPARATION:There is a lot to get done before my litte one comes home. Because I didn't know if I would have a boy or a girl or what age he or she might be, I couldn't start a nursery. So, here is what will be the baby roon:

Currently, it's were the laundry waits to be folded and the occassional guest stays.

I have picked up a few small things and been given a few things. These are some of my favorites:

Of course, my daughter will have a UT cheerleader outfit (from her SueSue)! The 'bee' toy is one that we have at work and I love it! The small angel ornament on the left is from the St. Jude catalog- so sweet. I also received a super soft 'taggy' blanket and a darling outfit from my friends at church- Thanks Carrie and Andi...I love them!

Check out my little Angel's first doll....they have the same name!! She was a Christmas present last year..


Finally, my friend Pam, at work, made this for my special girl. We will cherish it and snuggle with it forever. Every stitch is appreciated!


I still have periods of manic excitement...and occassional bouts of overwhelmed anxiety (other moms tell me this is normal, right?) In general, I am so grateful to our amazing God. I am humbled and honored that I would be chosen to be parent. I am sad for those who weren't, but know that their day will come soon. I am grieved for this little one's birth mother who, because she loved her daughther so much, gave her the opportunity for a different life- one that, through no fault of her own, she was not able to provide. She will always hold a very special place in my heart.

So, thank you all for celebrating with me. Thank you for loving me and my daughter. I can't wait to bring her home!

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! What a journey!!!! God is so good and so amazing, as are you. I am so excited for you, and for Anna, and for our family. We have been so wonderfully blessed to be able to welcome this beautiful little person into our hearts. You are quite a special daughter and will be an absolutely wonderful Mom. Thanks to God for both of you!!!!
    I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. God was certainly at work throughout your journey of adoption...it's amazing to have watched so far and will be even more exciting to see her in your arms! You are SUCH an incredible person...full of joy and grace...you are going to be an AMAZING mommy!!! yay yay yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joy you are! It is a thrill to watch your family grow MAMA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie,

    I am just so excited for you ! Your daughter is so beautiful, and you are just going to be such a wonderful mommy :) ! Congratulations !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Julie,

    Its Mary- your cousin. My dad sent me part of the email about your fabulous news! Im so excited for you and for this brave step! It is inspiring and amazing to see God work in such big ways. He is a big and AMAZING God! Im so happy for you and cant wait to meet your baby girl. You will be a wonderful mom. You are right on what you said about us all being adopted into a new family, HIS and now you get to express this in earthly terms to a little girl!!!! Love MaryV Gifford (Wolcott)

    ReplyDelete