How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!
1 John 3:1

A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:5-6




Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Love Adoption Shopping!

I love to buy things that I think are fantastic and that benefit someone else, too! What could be better? Let me show you what I got in the mail today......
Isn't it fantastic?! This will be hanging on the wall in my daughter's nursery. I got it from JStudio on Etsy- all of her work is beautiful and the proceeds benefit Kolfe Boys Home in Ethiopia. Jodi is also on the adoption journey, waiting for her referral from Ethiopia. I love Jodi's work, her love for the Lord, and her heart for orphans. This is from her blog:
"The Kolfe Youth Orphanage is a government run orphanage in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. It is located on a garbage dump and is in great need of repair and funds. Kolfe has now been sponsored through Children’s Hopechest. But, the boys of Kolfe are still in great need. They call themselves, The Forgotten Boys of Kolfe. J Studio was created to specifically support the Kolfe Youth Orphanage." I've also ordered a set of note cards that I love- they may hang in the nursery, too! These are two of my favorites....
Be sure to check out her store...you won't be disappointed!

Just tonight, I stumbled on this most fantastic project- Shirts for Shoes through Children's HopeChest. For every shirt that is purchased, an orphan in Ethiopia will get a new shirt and new pair of shoes....can it get any better than that?! 100% of the proceeds benefit Ethipian orphans. These t-shirts are soo cute; I can't wait to wear mine! You can head on over to My Crazy Adoption and click on the Shirts for Shoes button to order yours.

Let me know what you think....or better yet what you ordered! Know of any other great fundraising projects that benefit adoption or orphans....share them!!

6 comments:

  1. That's one of my favorite pictures that she does as well. I'm hoping to get some of those for my daughter's room. I've also ordered one of the Simply Love shirts. :)

    And not to promote myself, but...I have an etsy shop making Adoption Flag Blankets that we're using to support our adoption as well. I'd love for you (all) to check it out at www.mamaenat.etsy.com. I've got a way cool button on my blog that would link you right to it and you could put it on your blogs and then it would link other people and pretty soon we will have linked my daughter home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the white mother/black daughter picture that she did hanging in Macy's nursery. LOVE IT. I also LOVE that t-shirt...thank you for sharing. We sponsor Musa Ali at Kolfe and it warms my heart to know that they are getting so much help from people! They certainly need it! Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie... just wanted to let you know how much your comments on my blog mean to me.... I hope that I get to meet you one day.... Praying for your journey... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I love the pictures...already ordered the t-shirt too. I am so excited for you to be travelling this week! Call me and we'll get together with the adaptor!...I also have a "travel pack" that you can wear under your clothes to keep your passport and money safe.

    xoxo,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete