How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!
1 John 3:1

A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:5-6




Friday, January 15, 2010

Time to Start Packing!

What thrilling news to find out I will be travelling in just 3 weeks! I can't believe the days until I hold my daughter are so few.....and getting fewer! There will be 10 families from my agency travelling in my group. We will arrive in Addis on Thursday, February 4 and I will meet my sweet daughter on Friday!! Unbelievable!

I have been amazed at how all of this has gone. Turn after turn, I have been reminded of God's faithfulness. He promises in Scripture that He will not leave us as orphans....He has been so true to His word....there is one less orphan- this little girl is coming home, forever. I am so thankful for His care for my daughter during the past months; thankful for His provision in getting her birth family to court; thankful for the nannies who have been lovingly meeting my daughter's needs; thankful that she has had the food and care and medicine that infants need to grow.

I still have to remind myself that all this is REALLY happening. There is still much to do, but it will be so much more fun knowing that my little one is coming home. I can't wait to get my arms around her, bring her home, and then show her precious face to all of you! It seems this journey is, in many ways, just beginning!

3 comments:

  1. I have some little tears of joy for you right now.... praying for safe travels....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting...3 weeks will fly by! CONGRATS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dancing feet still going for you! Wahooooo!

    ReplyDelete