How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!
1 John 3:1

A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:5-6




Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It must be hard living in a Developing Country....

I often forget how blessed I am. I often forget that for much of the world, clean water, safety, access to medical care and general good health are not a guarantee....they may even be the exception instead of the rule.

I learned today that my sweet girl in in the hospital,again...she has salmonella.....for the second time in 2 months. From what I've been told, because of the lack of medical care, if you need to see a doctor, you go to the hospital. If you need prescription medicine, you stay in the hospital. Services are just that sparse. I spoke with my agency today and they said they are hopeful she will be discharged soon. One of the care center nannies is staying with her all the time and I am so thankful she has someone to love on her while she is not feeling well.

I'm so heart sick that I'm not there to hold my little girl. I am worried about her health. She was so small and malnourished to begin with....her little body has been through so much. I thinks she just doesn't have much 'reserve tank' to be able to fight off infections. I am so thankful that travel is approaching....I need to get this little one home!

Would you help me by praying for my little one...that she would get well quickly and be kept from any additional health problems. Pray for her caregivers, that they would love her well, especially in these hard days. Pray for the care center staff, that they would be wise and diligent and have the resources to prevent these infections in the future.

Thank you all for journeying with me.

2 comments: