How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!
1 John 3:1

A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:5-6




Sunday, February 14, 2010

Overwhelmed!

If travelling to Ethiopia to pick up the most amazing incredible little girl wasn't enough, I have been overwhelmed by the support, love, and encouragement from my friends and family at home. Prior to leaving, I had given out my flight information, as some folks had wanted to meet us at the airport. My mom had said to me not to be disappointed if there weren't many people there; I counted maybe 6 or 8 folks I thought might be there. Then we were an hour late getting in. Truly, I had no expectations......but, wow, was I wrong! I was overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support for me and my daughter! Special thank you to all of those who were there- I know I didn't get to speak to everyone; I would have loved to spend a long time talking to each of you about our trip and letting you each meet Anna individually. Tracie, another adoptive mom with a son from Ethiopia, and very talented photographer, surprised me with this treat! I think I've watched it a million times already. Thanks, Tracie for preserving that event in such a special way. Happy Valentines Day to you all! I'm over the moon to have my Valentine home!!!

OK, cant seem to upload the video, so just click here: Anna's Homecoming video

6 comments:

  1. Julie, this is so amazing!!! She is such a beautiful, beautiful girl! And so itty bitty! Her eyes just draw me in. You look SO incredibly joy-filled and happy. I wish I could be there and hold her. :) I bet your family can't get enough of that tiny gift from God! I love you and THANK YOU for sharing this with us. Love, June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    The video is AMAZING! I cant seem to look at the two of you together without tears overflowing. She is the most beautiful little miracle I've ever seen. The connection between the two of you is already so apparent. Much love and see you soon, Deidra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie,

    So sorry Maliha and I missed seeing you at the airport. If I had realized you had gotten in late, I would have been there ! Bummer !!! Thanks so much for sharing this video. I felt like I didn't miss it all, but I wish I had been there to show you how much I care about you !!! I think of you and little Anna constantly and am so happy for you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely video for a lovely new family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful video...and such an amazing out-pouring of love and support from! You will look back on that many times over the coming years!

    Thanks for emailing me about my question...I truly appreciate it...as I know you are very busy right now.

    My email address is awaitingourfirst@hotmail.com
    I'd love to hear more about the babies schedules coming out of the care center...what type of schedule do the nannies have them on? Naps? What and how much do the babies eat (formula, I guess, but how many ounces throughout the day?). Are they eating any solids (well, mushy stuff?). I completely appreciate all your input...thanks so much in advance and congratuations again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how wonderful! So heart-warming to see the support of your family and friends. Your daughter is beautiful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete