How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God!
1 John 3:1

A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing.
Psalm 68:5-6




Monday, February 1, 2010

The evolution of a Nursery!

Still a few thing to put away, purchase or hang but Anna's nursery is nearly done!! At least it will be functional for her home coming! Check out the transformation from January 1 until today...

It started as a guest room that was convient for folding laundry
Finally, a little progress
This is Jerry, my super painter- he did in 3 1/2 hours what would have taken me 15! Great job Jerry!!
It's Peppermint Pink!
Still a disaster, but look, a changing table! It's beginning to look like a room for a baby!
See the crib over there in the corner? It's a hand-me-down from my friend Julie. There's a lot of love in that crib already!
After a quick 47 minutes of work (yes, I timed us!) the crib is up! Thanks dad, for your help.
Just a few more things to do and it's finally ready!
I love her bed and I will love it more when she is here to sleep in it! Must start packing...we leave in about 36 hours!!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a transformation...great job! Good luck with all the packing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...that is a major transformation in a short period of time...and to think that you are also still packing while all this is going on. :) Can't wait for your babe to be home so we can see pics of her in that super cute crib!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you!!! I can't believe you leave tomorrow to get your sweet daughter. Praying for a safe trip!! Love you, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peppermint pink! :) The nursery looks great! I know that she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I am so glad all of that is done. Jerry did a great job. Along w/ your family and a course Anna's mommie. I can't wait until you get to hold her on Friday and what an overwhelming feeling that will be. I have sent prayer request farther so know there are so many people praying for all to go smooth/safe and quickly to get her back her and you two begin your wonderful life together. I Love you and tears will flow when you leave tomorrow only to know the joy that is to follow in the next days. Sleep well and have a great trip and stay safe. I can't imagine 10 days w/o communication but know we will all be w/ you in our prayers!!!

    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! praying for you this week and beyond! crazy excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great... -jodi

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been in my thoughts and prayers alot this past week - I am so excited for you as you begin your journey as Anna's mom ! She is blessed to have you ! Her room is perfect ! Can't wait to meet her when you all get home to TN !
    ~ginny wendel :-) (2rc nursery)

    ReplyDelete