east tennessee to ethiopia and everything in between
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God! 1 John 3:1
A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing. Psalm 68:5-6
Friday, February 12, 2010
We're Home!
After 24 hours of travel, we have made it home!! I cant believe my little Anna is upstairs sleeping as I type. Cant wait to post pictures of our trip, but first meet my most amazing little girl....her disposition is just as sweet as her smile!
Hey friend! Loved, loved seeing you & your sweet baby girl come home! She is an angel!!!!!!!! Praying for you & so, so proud of you! You rock! Welcome home!!!
SHE'S PRECIOUS...a beauty. I am so happy for you...I can't wait to be in your shoes soon.
And I can't wait to hear all about your trip...I wonder if you got to see our baby girl (Tesfashwork) who's 6mo right now in Addis. Maybe they lived in the same room...or shared a crib.
So glad you made it home safely...she looks like a joy!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I can't believe you are home with her! I feel like just yesterday you were waiting and then found out she'd be yours! AND NOW SHE IS HOME!!!! Yayyyyy! CAn't wait to see more pictures!!!
She is Beautiful !!!! Maliha and I are looking at her picture now and Maliha is saying "baby" and dancing to your music on your blog. Congratulations !!! So glad you are home. Can't wait to meet Anna !
...as little as $5 can make a difference in the life of a child.
Anna's Homecoming Video: February 2010
click to watch our welcome home
"The place God calls you is the place where your deep galdness and the world's deep hunger meet." -Fredrick Buechner
Katie's Ministry in Uganda
Blood: Water Mission
Started by Jars of Clay, B:WM is empowering Communities to work together against the HIV/AIDS and water crises in AFRICA
Caring for HIV+ orphans in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
"Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever fresh and radiant possiblity." ~Kate Wiggin
TOMS Shoes
For every pair of shoes purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need. ONE for ONE
Fantastic Adoption Art....going in my nursery!
Proceeds Benefit Kolfe Boys home in Ethiopia.
"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, `Give them up!' and to the south, `Do not hold them back. Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth.'" -Isaiah 43: 5-6
"I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Elie Wiesel
Hey friend! Loved, loved seeing you & your sweet baby girl come home! She is an angel!!!!!!!! Praying for you & so, so proud of you! You rock! Welcome home!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I check my bloglist for updates...
ReplyDeleteSHE'S PRECIOUS...a beauty. I am so happy for you...I can't wait to be in your shoes soon.
And I can't wait to hear all about your trip...I wonder if you got to see our baby girl (Tesfashwork) who's 6mo right now in Addis. Maybe they lived in the same room...or shared a crib.
So glad you made it home safely...she looks like a joy!
Congrats on being home! She is absolutely beautiful! I'm sure you're over the moon happy...
ReplyDeleteShe's adorable. Congratulations! Hope you had a great trip--can't wait to read all about it.
ReplyDelete-Michelle
http://thetaupesadopt.blogspot.com
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I can't believe you are home with her! I feel like just yesterday you were waiting and then found out she'd be yours! AND NOW SHE IS HOME!!!! Yayyyyy! CAn't wait to see more pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is Beautiful !!!! Maliha and I are looking at her picture now and Maliha is saying "baby" and dancing to your music on your blog. Congratulations !!! So glad you are home. Can't wait to meet Anna !
ReplyDeleteShe is GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteYAAAAYYYY!!! Congratulations!! She is adorable and you can totally see that little smile we have been looking at for so long! Welcome home!
ReplyDelete